I love my family and friends, but I am so happy the holiday season is over. It takes a lot of stress to travel across the state multiple times, and I’m just glad to be staying put right here in Madison for a while.
Sam and I spent a short time in Chicago this week. A long, long time ago (before we were dating) Sam may have drunkenly promised that he would take me to see Wicked in Chicago. I was taken aback, I mean, I’d never been to see Broadway in Chicago, and I barely knew the kid. But I think, at that time, we both knew there was attraction between the two of us. And look where it got us — seeing Wicked in Chicago and fulfilling promises. And that always makes one feel good.
So, Wicked was a Christmas present. And there are presents abound in my apartment. And I picked up a TON of Christmas ornaments and decorations for being an adult. So it’s a little packed here with things, but it’s just been great. I thank such loving friends and family for all they did in 2010, and hope their gifts keep them merry throughout 2011. I know my mom will keep warm with her new wine glasses.
So, it is 2011. And this is my first post of the new year. It is only appropriate, then, to list some new years resolutions.
1. Write more. Yes, I hope to blog more and keep those of you entertained, but, I also know it is important for me to keep my Moleskine filled with my words as well. I need to get into the habit of journaling before bed — it’s so much easier when I’m not running all over.
2. Be more thrifty. Yes, I am such a nut in finding good deals, but I need to reign in my spending a bit more. Especially in the grocery/dining out categories. And I don’t always need a new shirt from Anthropologie…even though they are so cute.
3. Exercise. Luckily, this one is quite easy. I start ballet classes in two weeks, and I’ll be running in a 10k with Sam in the spring. It’s just the motivation to train for the run that will be the hard part. But, I did get a new pair of running shoes from Adidas today (and cute Nike shorts) so I have to exercise now…
Got these cuties on super sale. And they are extremely comfortable — don’t think we would’ve made it through the Museum of Science and Industry without them.
4. Get healthy. I’ve been in and out of the doctor’s office with odd stomach issues. I’m going in for a CAT scan soon to see if I have Chron’s disease or any other major stomach issue. Unfortunately, there is no real solution for anything. But, it’ll be nice to know. And I have to take advantage and thank my lucky stars for my great insurance.
5. Live life. I mean it. Live and love each day to it’s fullest. You only have one day guaranteed to you — and it is today. So live it up!