Way back when the clock flipped to 2012, I created a list of ten things that I wanted to improve on or to continue to do. I haven’t been perfect on all of these (especially the first one), but I hope that these become habits and will grow into something I do without thinking.
1. Blog daily. Okay, please stop laughing. I really want to have blog posts scheduled ahead of time and be able to have fresh content for my loyal readers each week. So far, so good? This has been three days in a row, so yes! As I mentioned previously, I really do want to make changes to this blog and I hope you can see that work in the coming weeks.
2. Run twice a week. This one has also been on the back-burner, but I was planning on running a 10k this April. However, I think I am going to cut it back to a 5k and continue to run, but also take classes like Spin and Zumba. Needless to say, I’ll be at the Nat and SERF quite a bit this semester.
3. Get to a comfortable weight. It’s not about the number on the scale, but mostly about how I feel. I would love to get a bit more toned, and working out twice a week is going to help me accomplish this goal as well.
4. Read a book a month. Luckily, I’ve been good with one of my goals thus far. I read The Art of Fielding already and loved it. (Look for a review later on this week.) I’m partially through The Imperfectionists, which has been fantastic thus far.
5. Join a book club. I haven’t started to seek out a book club quite yet, but it is one of the first things I would like to do when I move to a new city. I want to get into one before I leave Madison, too.
6. Write for my own pleasure. I started to write in a paper and pen journal last year, but it dropped off as the holiday season arrived. I hope to be better about documenting my life a bit better for my own pleasure.
7. Stay organized. I have been much better about staying organized. I created a binder with to-do lists and such and I also update my calendar daily. Plus, I got all of my readings bound this year via Student Print to try and keep everything all in one place.
8. Send more snail mail. I really love sending mail to others, and my goal is to send out a letter a week to someone. It’s always nice to put a smile on a face via the United States Postal Service.
9. Be more punctual. I have had a bit of a habit of being a bit late. This is me trying to become much better about time.
10. Be more feminine. I sometimes don’t always act super girly. I really want to start wearing more skirts and dresses to work/class as well as to paint my nails. I’m most excited about this goal.
What were some of your goals this year? How have you been doing with your goals so far?